Sunday 2 November 2014

Petals

Day two. I'm getting to know my characters, Jax and Dizzy. When I truncated what I had into a short story, I had to get rid of Cassandra, who has some mysterious connection to Dizzy. Now I've been able to reintroduce her, so I'm happy. I love characters and dialogue. It's what I love in what I read and it's what I love in what I write.

Something that happened by coincidence really is that A Mourning Moon is set around this time of year. This is the time of the mourning moon, although looking up at the sky last night, the moon seemed to be especially luminous, that platinum tinged with gold colour, the moonlight backlighting a cloud that drifted across it.

But...there's plenty of rain. We need it. The summer was dry and hot and went on well past the autumnal equinox.

No comments:

Post a Comment